Hyundai warrants your Hyundai vehicle with reasonable and valuable condition
A written promise from Hyundai to repair or replace a component of vehicle that develops a fault within a fixed period of time. National Motors provides competitive warranty for Hyundai vehicle which can strengthen Hyundai reputation and sales promotion.
New Vehicle Warranty
Basic Warranty Period
- Any component, except the items specific hereafter, of your new Hyundai vehicle is 24 months from the date of original retail delivery or date of first use.
Exceptions: The following items specified below are covered for periods other than the Basic Coverage.
The original equipment battery charge and / or replacement are/is covered for 24 months from the date of original retail delivery or date of first use, or 40,000 km, whichever comes first.
- Air Conditioning Refrigerant Charge
Air conditioning charge is covered for 12 months from the date of original retail delivery or date of first use. After that refrigerant charge is only covered as part of warranty covered repair to the air conditioning system.
- Drive Mechanism Cassette Player and Compact Disc Player.
Drive mechanism of audio cassette player and compact disc player is covered for 36 months from date of original retail delivery or date of first use or 60,000 km, whichever occurs first.
If your vehicle is made inoperative due to a warranted part failure, towing service is covered to the nearest Hyundai service center.
Tires originally equipped on Hyundai vehicles are warranted by their respective manufacturer. If an original tire on your Hyundai vehicle has a defect in material or workmanship, please contact the tire manufacturer or ask you authorized Hyundai Dealer for assistance.
- Consumable Items
These are the items that worn out by normal use (e.g. ‘V’ Belt, Bulbs, Fuses, W/Shield blades, Brake pad/lining & shoe, Filter, Clutch disc, Spark plug, etc…), they are covered against any manufacturing defect for 12 months from date of original retail delivery or date of first use or 20,000 km, whichever occurs first.
What is covered by the warranty
Repair or replacement of any component originally manufactured & installed by Hyundai that is found to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use and maintenance, except any item specifically referred to in the section ” What is not covered”.
- Proper use, maintenance and care of your vehicle in accordance with the instructions contained in your Owner’s Manual. ( If your vehicle is subject to use under severe driving conditions, you should follow the maintenance requirements specified accordingly in your Owner’s Manual)
- Retain maintenance service records. It may be necessary for you to show that this required maintenance has been performed, as per specified in the Owner’s Manual.
- Deliver the vehicle during regular service business hours to any authorized Hyundai Dealer to obtain warranty service.
- Check for trim, paint or other appearance concerns at the timer the new vehicle is delivered.
What is not covered by the warranty
- Normal Maintenance Service:
Including Checking, tightening, adjusting, engine tune-ups, fuel system adjustment, wheel balancing, cleaning, lubrication, oil changes, replenishment of fuel, engine oil, transaxle fluid, brake fluid, clutch fluid, power steering fluid, battery electrolyte fluid, anti-freeze coolant, windshield washer fluid, air-conditioning refrigerant and tire rotation.
- Normal deterioration or wear of any consumable items:
Worn brake pads / linings.
Worn clutch linings lining / Discs.
Bulbs and fuses.
Other wear and consumable items
( Normal maintenance items are warranted in normal service, only when the replacement is the result of a defect in material or workmanship ).
- Damage or failure resulting from:
Negligence of proper maintenance as required in the Owner’s Manual.
Misuse, abuse, overload, accident, theft, water flooding, or fire.
Use of improper or insufficient fuel, fluids, or lubricants.
Use of parts other than Hyundai Genuine Parts.
Any device and / or accessories not supplied by Hyundai.
Modifications, alterations, tampering or improper repair.
Deterioration of rubber parts, upholstery and soft trim under normal use exposure.
Slight irregularities not recognized as affecting quality of function of the vehicle or parts, such as or items considered characteristic of the vehicle.
- Incidental or consequential damages:
Such as fuel, telephone, travel, loading inconvenience, commercial and / or personal loss and loss of use of the vehicle.
- Extra expenses:
Any economic loss including ( without limitation ) payment for the loss of time or pay, inconvenience, loss of vehicle use, vehicle rental expense, lodging bills, food, other travel costs, storage charges and other incidental or consequential loss or damage.
Any vehicle where the odometer mileage has been altered.
Air borne ” fallout”, industrial fall-out, acid rain, salt, hail and wind stroms.
Paint scratches, dents, or similar paint or body damage.
Action or road elements (sand, gravel, dust or road debris ) which results in stone chipping or paint and glass.
Any paint defects or problems arising out of cargo components. ( Truck only )